TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - CZP consult cable not connecting
People Seeking Info

Subject CZP consult cable not connecting

Posted by nick.c on June 27, 2024 at 5:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 72 times.

Message (Ive had a parasitic power leak in this car since day one)

I posted a few years ago that my 1991 NA Conzult software was not connecting. Years have past and its still not working so ive dug into it further.

Following the diagram here:
[ http://www.ttxtz.com/images/ECCS_colored_m.gif ]

I attempted to continuity test between ECU harness for pins 21,22 and 47 to their OBD port pins. The continuity test failed insinuating a break in the line. I tested from the ECU harness to body ground and they all ground out.

I then attempted to read volts. Pins 21,22 have no voltage coming across them (like im expecting from the diagram, im testing both ends of the harness there should be no power source as both ends of the cable are disconnected) but pin 47 to the black/white cable on the OBD1 port states its 13 volts(battery was charging so battery voltage)

My questions:
1) Should pin 47(black/white) have any voltage across it? Is anyone's ECU out and can run these same tests?
2) Did I do these tests right to ensure that the results were right?
3) Do I have to remove the dashboard to trace this OBD wire? I see it looks like it goes into another "dashboard harness" and is gonna be a pain to trace.
4) Where can I locate the clips identified as "M64" (Main harness) and "F2" (E.F.I harness) in the middle of the diagram?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.